Maryland Public Service Commission
The Harold D. Williams National Energy and Sustainability Resource Center (“the Center”) was created in 2017 to bring the vision of the Hon. Harold D. Williams to fruition. The Center will function as a catalyst to help ensure that the nation’s Energy and Sustainability industries are more available to minorities, women, disabled service veterans, and underserved populations.
The Hon. Harold D. Williams has gathered partners who are leaders in industry, government, academia, and civic organizations to start, implement and strengthen the Center with resources to achieve the vision. The Center will facilitate future global citizens with tools and resources via workforce development, technical assistance, applied research, system integration, and technology deployment in Energy and Sustainability industries including, energy, transportation, telecommunications, cybersecurity, and agriculture.
To achieve the Vision, the Center will:
- Be the premier national research and business incubator in Energy and Sustainability industries;
- Open doors to business enterprises of minority, women, disabled service veterans, and underserved populations to assist in gaining access into the Energy and Sustainability industries;
- Identify, promote, and provide STEM related research, career, apprentice and internship opportunities to students, staff, faculty and senior leadership, in the areas of Energy and Sustainability disciplines;
- Foster and create strategic relationships with community-based organizations, primary and secondary schools, and institutions of higher education; and
- Foster and create strategic partnerships with public and private organizations, foundations, and individuals to grow the network and resources to serve the Center’s constituents.